Skip to main content

Wikipedia in need of Donations

Snapshot from Wikipedia page
We all have used Wikipedia at least once in our lifetime, and if you are familiar with the internet, you would know that almost all the information can be found on Wikipedia. It's been more than a decade since Wikipedia came into existence and soon after its birth it became really famous.

Any event, person, Information, anything at all… you may find it on wiki and if not, you may not find it at all. Do you know that it was all for free. Wikipedia never had ads on it (One reason, among many others, why we love it so much) and it ran just based on a community of volunteers. It is the only website amongst the Top Ten being run non-profit.

Very recently, I have found that Wikipedia is requesting donations to help it sustain. It seems that they have run out of cash for the site. They want to run it free from ads and independent. I say we can help them and we should. We have used their services for quite some time now.

The minimum that we can give is Rs.100.
It's what you would spend on unnecessary things each week. If all of us donate just Rs.200 only even then it is going to be more than enough.
Let's help our saviours people. Let us make Wikipedia run again. Now is the time we give.

Don't worry Jimmy, we are here!!


Click here to go to Wikipedia's donations page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships - Complex and yet simple

We are social animals, which means we like to associate with people. From the birth till our death we are influenced by and, most of the times unintentionally, influence others. This contact between 2 people, however brief it may be, where they acknowledge the existence of each other creates a relationship between them. The moment you are born you have your first relationship, with your mother, considered to be the most sacred of all relationships in one's lifetime. You are dependent on her for your survival while she is bound to you by the love of offspring. With this you start to grow up gradually and create many more relationships with other people around you. We can categorize all the relationships formed during one's lifetime into 4:   Family Relationships Friendships Romantic Relationships, and Acquaintanceships   Each relationship has its own dynamic however what all of them have in common is a need of interaction between 2 people. To carry any ...

The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)

The Secret of the Nagas by: Amish Tripathi Rating: 4.2/5.0   Today, He is a God.  4000 years ago, He was just a man. The hunt is on. The sinister Naga warrior has killed his friend Brahaspati and now stalks his wife Sati. Shiva, the Tibetan immigrant who is the prophesied destroyer of evil, will not rest till he finds his demonic adversary. His vengeance and the path to evil will lead him to the door of the Nagas, the serpent people. Of that he is certain. The evidence of the malevolent rise of evil is everywhere. A kingdom is dying as it is held to ransom for a miracle drug. A crown prince is murdered. The Vasudevs Shivas philosopher guides betray his unquestioning faith as they take the aid of the dark side. Even the perfect empire, Meluha is riddled with a terrible secret in Maika, the city of births. Unknown to Shiva, a master puppeteer is playing a grand game. In a journey that will take him across the length and breadth of ancient India, Shiva...

A night at Sangam, Allahabad

I had a chance to go to outer part of Allahabad District few months ago. I was to live there and become a teacher for class 8 to 10 at a private school. This was a good opportunity for me as I always wanted a chance to live in Allahabad, though I did get to be in the main city itself. With this I also had a chance to visit the very famous 'Sangam'. I heard a lot of things about Sangam from being very peaceful to being absolutely marvelous. I found all of those to be very true. The only thing is that the people have Made the rivers go so low that Sangam has lost its strength that I so much heard about. I got to see it from the new bridge on the Sangam. Here are a few pics that I have clicked...