Skip to main content

A Tribute to Nepal Earthquake Victims


25th April, 2015

Nepal was hit by an Earthquake of Magnitude 7.8. The shockwaves were felt upto Delhi. I was sitting in my room in front of my laptop when suddenly I felt everything shaking. Though nothing happened in Delhi but I am sure people panicked. Everybody ran out of their houses as soon as possible. I heard women shouting to get everyone out, children were crying because they were scared. Even I was scared a bit. The shaking happened for 5 whole mins.
Location Of Epicenter

That feeling I cannot shake off. After a little while another tremor was felt, a little lower on Richter Scale. But scary all the same. Again I did not run out of my apartment. When everything settled down I switched on the news and found out that it was in Nepal where the Earthquake's Epicentre was located. Somewhere around 50 miles northwest of Kathmandu.

Soon the pictures of destruction caused started appearing on the television. I soon switched off the news to lighten the mood, but it was also because I myself was a little scared.


26th April, 2015

The next day I was sitting and remembering last day's events when in the afternoon I again felt the shaking. Soon I came to know it was an aftershock of yesterday's happenings.

Till today around 3,300 dead bodies have been confirmed in Nepal and India claims to have around 60 casualties too. Many died, more got injured. I was recovering from the shock of last two day's happenings when I realized, These people that died must be paid a tribute.

So, today I am writing this post in remembrance of those that passed away. I know they do not require a tribute from a guy like me, but still this is my way of mourning those lives that were lost. 

May god give peace to your souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships - Complex and yet simple

We are social animals, which means we like to associate with people. From the birth till our death we are influenced by and, most of the times unintentionally, influence others. This contact between 2 people, however brief it may be, where they acknowledge the existence of each other creates a relationship between them. The moment you are born you have your first relationship, with your mother, considered to be the most sacred of all relationships in one's lifetime. You are dependent on her for your survival while she is bound to you by the love of offspring. With this you start to grow up gradually and create many more relationships with other people around you. We can categorize all the relationships formed during one's lifetime into 4:   Family Relationships Friendships Romantic Relationships, and Acquaintanceships   Each relationship has its own dynamic however what all of them have in common is a need of interaction between 2 people. To carry any ...

The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)

The Secret of the Nagas by: Amish Tripathi Rating: 4.2/5.0   Today, He is a God.  4000 years ago, He was just a man. The hunt is on. The sinister Naga warrior has killed his friend Brahaspati and now stalks his wife Sati. Shiva, the Tibetan immigrant who is the prophesied destroyer of evil, will not rest till he finds his demonic adversary. His vengeance and the path to evil will lead him to the door of the Nagas, the serpent people. Of that he is certain. The evidence of the malevolent rise of evil is everywhere. A kingdom is dying as it is held to ransom for a miracle drug. A crown prince is murdered. The Vasudevs Shivas philosopher guides betray his unquestioning faith as they take the aid of the dark side. Even the perfect empire, Meluha is riddled with a terrible secret in Maika, the city of births. Unknown to Shiva, a master puppeteer is playing a grand game. In a journey that will take him across the length and breadth of ancient India, Shiva...

A night at Sangam, Allahabad

I had a chance to go to outer part of Allahabad District few months ago. I was to live there and become a teacher for class 8 to 10 at a private school. This was a good opportunity for me as I always wanted a chance to live in Allahabad, though I did get to be in the main city itself. With this I also had a chance to visit the very famous 'Sangam'. I heard a lot of things about Sangam from being very peaceful to being absolutely marvelous. I found all of those to be very true. The only thing is that the people have Made the rivers go so low that Sangam has lost its strength that I so much heard about. I got to see it from the new bridge on the Sangam. Here are a few pics that I have clicked...